Pages

Monday 29 June 2009

Rye harbour late June

The Sandwich Terns at Rye Harbour appear to be having a very good breeding season. It's quite spectacular on the reserve at the moment. I took so many images down there at last night, its going to take some time to plan out and write - so maybe I'll have a more complete post at the weekend.

If you've never visited Rye Harbour reserve and you live in the S.E England you really should get down there before the Terns depart. It is the most magnificent site as hundreds of Sandwich Terns and Common Terns are feeding young in front of the hides. Visit rxwildlife.org.uk for all the latest news (and how to get there) on the reserve.

2 comments:

Clare Gillatt said...

Your photos are fantastic which lens are you using for the insects - meant to ring last night but got engrossed with Bruce Springsteen at Glastonbury and tonight got caught up with Andy Murray!

Nick Green said...

Yes I should have phoned you too!
But you can see where I've been when - I get the chance. I'm going to take George down to Rye once more, (it's spell-binding down there at the moment, Terns are growing so quick, they'll soon be flying way out to sea.

I'm using an old macro 90mm lense that will only focus manually and I use ext flash as well.

Catch-up soon!

Nicholas